Author Topic: Feature/app request - lock closed  (Read 576 times)

Fallon

• View Profile
Feature/app request - lock closed
« on: May 28, 2016, 03:25:14 pm »
Our coop opens to our whole backyard. For obvious reasons when our friends bring their dog Tally "Chickenkiller" we don't want the coop to open up.

It would be cool to have a function to lockout the open coop door function. So that nobody can accidentally open the coop or the normal routine (or sensor) doesn't let them out in the morning.

I've fiddled with creating a new status of "lock coop", to prevent my routines from opening, but it's klugey & flaky at best.

John Rucker (Solar-Current.com)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature/app request - lock closed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:09:48 am »
You can disable auto open by taping the auto open icon.  But I'm guessing that is not what your looking for because you have other rules that are opening the door?  Is this correct?

Fallon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:01:32 am »
Ya. I have a rule that kicks at 8am on week days to open the coop & another later one on weekends. I have to disable those rules to keep the coop closed. Some kind of function to lock the coop shut or open regardless of input would be handy.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 03:46:45 am »
Ya. I have a rule that kicks at 8am on week days to open the coop & another later one on weekends. I have to disable those rules to keep the coop closed. Some kind of function to lock the coop shut or open regardless of input would be handy.

How about using the state of Aux2 as a virtual switch for your code.  If you turn Aux2 on your SmartApps will send their open or close command.  If Aux2 is off they will not send their commands.  This way you can use Aux2 to disable all your SmartApps.  This only works if your not using the physical Aux2 port for something at the coop as you will be turning it on and off every time you push the button.  You can also do this with Aux1 if you like.

Fallon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »
Good idea, will have to think about that & get to fiddling here at some point.

Fallon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 10:11:18 pm »
Our friends with the dog nicknamed Chicken Killer was here this weekend prompting me to finally work on this as we had to make sure she didn't go outside & I had to kill the open coop routine last night so it wouldn't run this morning.

• Create a new mode named "Lock Coop"
    Create a virtual switch "Coop Lock" https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-creating-a-virtual-device/11282/2
    Install the SmartApp Lights & Switches > Switch Changes Mode
    Set Switch Changes Mode to enable Lock Coop Mode when the Coop Lock switch is on, set the off mode to something else
    Create/edit your open coop routine. Set it to unlock the virtual coop boss at whatever time you want. Also set the "Don't automatically do this if i'm in one of these modes (Lock Coop).

This should stop your coop from opening if your virtual coop lock switch is turned on. Testing it out here in the morning.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:11 pm »
Sounds cool.  Let us know if it works!