Author Topic: CoopBoss Photos  (Read 788 times)

rod97301

• View Profile
CoopBoss Photos
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:28 pm »
John's videos show how he set-up his CoopBoss, but my implementation was a little different in that my coop door was on a side wall rather than a floor.  I live in the Pacific Northwest where there's a lot of rain that can warp outside wood doors, exposed to the elements.  So while my coop door is relatively protected from the elements, the moisture in the air alone is enough to cause plywood to warp and potential cause issues with the opening/closing mechanism.  I've attached some pictures so folks can see how I built mine - the door is actually an $11 poly cutting board (1/2" thick) - so the sides are nice and rounded there's no chance of warping.  I used aluminum 'h' channel for the slide guides and the combination works perfectly.  This should last as long as the CoopBoss...

John Rucker (Solar-Current.com)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CoopBoss Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:24 am »
Rod, that is a fantastic looking install!  I like the way you mounted the door on the outside so debris will just be pushed out of the way instead of being trapped between the door and the floor.  It should work good for you!  I also like the idea of using a non wood door.  I would like to see a little bigger lip on the end of the door to increase the surface area that may push up against a chicken.

Where did you get the aluminum h channel?  I really like how clean that looks!!  Thanks so much for sharing!! 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:26:43 am by John Rucker (Solar-Current.com) »