Author Topic: SmartThings Hub 2.0 and new smartphone interface  (Read 738 times)

John Rucker (Solar-Current.com)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SmartThings Hub 2.0 and new smartphone interface
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:30:18 am »
The new SmartThings interface has been released today and the new hubs are shipping.  I should have ours in the next week or two and I'm going to hold back on taking pre orders until I have thoroughly tested with it. Don't expect any changes will be necessary but just in case I want to test before I start taking orders.   

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SmartThings Hub 2.0 and new smartphone interface
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:33 am »
Modifications to the CoopBoss custom device type that allow us to take advantage of the new SmartThings interface are complete.  Here are a few screen shots of the new custom device type.

Notice the two plug icons at the bottom of the 3rd picture.  They control the Aux Port pins 14 and 15 as pictured below.  If you connect an external relay https://www.parallax.com/product/27114  to these ports you can use these buttons to control whatever you have hooked up to the relay. We currently have our relay hooked up to our coop's internal light so we can turn it on and off with the CoopBoss

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:19:44 am by John Rucker (Solar-Current.com) »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SmartThings Hub 2.0 and new smartphone interface
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:49:28 am »
October Update:
Firmware is locked and testing is complete.  Production boards are on order and will be here in a few weeks.  I should have two units in inventory soon.